We had our first lemon from our tree today and I wanted to bake something yummy with it.
I baked the most delicious and moorish biscuits.
Every time I walked past them I said “just one more” now 41\2 hours after baking them they have all gone – let’s hope our lemon tree is a quick producer.
Here is a really simple yet delicious biscuit which you can make, bake and eat in about 20 minutes.
It only has 4 ingredients.
175g plain flour
110g soft butter
1. preheat oven to 180C
2. Sift flour into a bowl, finely zest the 2 lemons and add the butter and rub in to combine – now is the time to get your hands dirty (but it feels to good – and you can lick them once your done)
3. Add the sugar and a teaspoon of lemon juice to bring the mixture together (it will be crumbly)
Put the dough between 2 sheets of cling film or baking paper and roll out to about 5mm thickness.
4. Cut into what ever shape or size you want – I couldn’t be bothered to get my cookie cutters out so I used a wine glass.
5. Carefully lift the biscuits using a knife/spatula onto a prepared and lined baking tray.
6. Place in oven and bake until golden – Roughly 7 minutes
7. Remove from oven – try a cookie and then place rest on wire rack. or 1 for the rack and 1 for me also works.